University of Illinois at Chicago Century of Progress World's Fair, 1933-1934 (University of Illinois at Chicago)
  Skip to content  collection home browse advanced search preferences my favorites help   
 
Search results for Natural   
Refine your search
Subject
Galleries & Museums (4)
Parks (2)
Lakes & Ponds (1)

Date
ca. 1933-1934 (3)
1932 (1)

Format
2.75x2 (3)
7.5x9.5 (1)

results 1-4 of 4 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next
select all : clear all : add to favorites
[Exterior view of the Field Museum of Natural History. Named after the Chicago department store magnate
1. [Exterior view of the Field Museum of Natural History. Named after the Chicago department store magnate Marshall Field, the Field Museum was first incorporated as the "Columbian Museum of Chicago" shortly after the close of the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition.]
[Oblique view of the Field Museum of Natural History along Chicago's lakefront near downtown.]
2. [Oblique view of the Field Museum of Natural History along Chicago's lakefront near downtown.]
[Photo of the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago. The Field Museum opened in 1893 as part of
3. [Photo of the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago. The Field Museum opened in 1893 as part of the World Columbian Exposition in Hyde Park. The museum moved to its current location on park district space along the lakefront near downtown in 1921, and by 1930, it was joined by the addition of the Shedd Aquarium and the Adler Planetarium nearby. Although technically not part of the Century of Progress, the three lakefront museums were located immediately north of the Fairgrounds and thus attracted many visitors from the Chicago World's Fair.]
[Photo of the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago. The Field Museum opened in 1893 as part of
4. [Photo of the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago. The Field Museum opened in 1893 as part of the World Columbian Exposition in Hyde Park. The museum moved to its current location on park district space along the lakefront near downtown in 1921, and by 1930, it was joined by the addition of the Shedd Aquarium and the Adler Planetarium nearby. Although technically not part of the Century of Progress, the three lakefront museums were located immediately north of the Fairgrounds and thus attracted many visitors from the Chicago World's Fair.]

select all : clear all : add to favorites
results 1-4 of 4 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next