University of Illinois at Chicago Century of Progress World's Fair, 1933-1934 (University of Illinois at Chicago)
  Skip to content  collection home browse advanced search preferences my favorites help   
 
Search results for Adler   
Refine your search
Subject
Planetaria (5)
Galleries & Museums (2)
Parks (2)
Islands (1)
ox Teams (1)
Show more...

Date
ca. 1933-1934 (4)
1932 (2)
1930 (1)

Format
2.75x2 (3)
7.5x9.5 (2)
7.25x9.5 (1)
9.25x7.5 (1)

Creator
Kaufmann & Fabry co. (1)

results 1-7 of 7 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next
select all : clear all : add to favorites
[A view of the Adler Planetarium in 1932. Built in 1930 by Max Adler, a philanthropist and former vice-president
1. [A view of the Adler Planetarium in 1932. Built in 1930 by Max Adler, a philanthropist and former vice-president of the Sears Roebuck & Co., the Adler Planetarium was one of the attractions at A Century of Progress.]
[Exterior view of the Adler Planetarium on Northerly Island.]
2. [Exterior view of the Adler Planetarium on Northerly Island.]
[Photo of a team of oxen breaking ground in front of the Adler Planetarium.]
3. [Photo of a team of oxen breaking ground in front of the Adler Planetarium.]
[Photo of the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago. The Field Museum opened in 1893 as part of
4. [Photo of the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago. The Field Museum opened in 1893 as part of the World Columbian Exposition in Hyde Park. The museum moved to its current location on park district space along the lakefront near downtown in 1921, and by 1930, it was joined by the addition of the Shedd Aquarium and the Adler Planetarium nearby. Although technically not part of the Century of Progress, the three lakefront museums were located immediately north of the Fairgrounds and thus attracted many visitors from the Chicago World's Fair.]

[Photo of the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago. The Field Museum opened in 1893 as part of
5. [Photo of the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago. The Field Museum opened in 1893 as part of the World Columbian Exposition in Hyde Park. The museum moved to its current location on park district space along the lakefront near downtown in 1921, and by 1930, it was joined by the addition of the Shedd Aquarium and the Adler Planetarium nearby. Although technically not part of the Century of Progress, the three lakefront museums were located immediately north of the Fairgrounds and thus attracted many visitors from the Chicago World's Fair.]
[Photo of the initial construction work for A Century of Progress International Exposition. The building
6. [Photo of the initial construction work for A Century of Progress International Exposition. The building in the background is the Adler Planetarium, which at the time the photo was taken, was recently built.]
The Adler Planetarium at the Century of Progress International Exposition, 1933-1934.
7. The Adler Planetarium at the Century of Progress International Exposition, 1933-1934.
 

select all : clear all : add to favorites
results 1-7 of 7 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next