University of Illinois at Chicago Century of Progress World's Fair, 1933-1934 (University of Illinois at Chicago)
  Skip to content  collection home browse advanced search preferences my favorites help   
 
Search results for Operation. > ca. 1933-1934   
Refine your search
Creator
Kaufmann & Fabry co. (2)
Library of the Museum ... (1)

Subject
Buildings (1)
Dedications (1)
Electricity (1)
Rites & Ceremonies (1)
Streets (1)
Show more...

Format
6.5x9.25 (1)
7.25x9.5 (1)
7.5x9.25 (1)

results 1-3 of 3 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next
select all : clear all : add to favorites
"Here are shown the two ten ton Frigidaire condensing units which provide a change of air every two minutes
1. "Here are shown the two ten ton Frigidaire condensing units which provide a change of air every two minutes in the Electric Light and Power Industry's puppet theater on the second floor of the Electrical Building at the World's Fair. The complete process of the air-cooling unit in operation is also on display at the exhibit."
"On the right of this picture are the many pavilions which comprise the General Exhibits Group. Here
2. "On the right of this picture are the many pavilions which comprise the General Exhibits Group. Here you may see a complete diamond mine, or stockings being manufactures, or a piano exhibit, or the operation of a steel plant. It is a fascinating place where hours pass by like seconds."
"W.O. Batchelder, president of the Electric Association of Chicago, (right) by passing his hand over
3. "W.O. Batchelder, president of the Electric Association of Chicago, (right) by passing his hand over a grid-glow tube caused the lights of the Electrical Group of Chicago's 1933 World's Fair -- A Century of Progress Exposition -- to burst forth in brilliant radiance. This operation was one of the features of the official dedication of this group on October 12. From left to right: Dr. Louis L. Mann, who gave the invocation, President Rufus C. Dawes of A Century of Progress Exposition, B.E. Sunny, a trustee of the Exposition and former chairman of the board of the Illinois Bell Telephone Company who delivered the address of dedication, and Mr. Batchelder who presided at the ceremony."
 

select all : clear all : add to favorites
results 1-3 of 3 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next