University of Illinois at Chicago Century of Progress World's Fair, 1933-1934 (University of Illinois at Chicago)
  Skip to content  collection home browse advanced search preferences my favorites help   
 
Search results for Left > 1933   
Refine your search
Creator
Kaufmann & Fabry co. (2)

Subject
Construction (1)
Dedications (1)
Exhibition Buildings (1)
Progress Photographs (1)
Rites & Ceremonies (1)
Show more...

Format
7x8.75 (1)
7.5x9.5 (1)
7.75x10 (1)
9.5x7.5 (1)

results 1-4 of 4 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next
select all : clear all : add to favorites
[Bow of S-49 submarine looking aft. Off to the left is the Italian Building. Third from left in the front
1. [Bow of S-49 submarine looking aft. Off to the left is the Italian Building. Third from left in the front row is William "Doc" Keeney, co-owner of S-49; fourth from left is Francis J. "Frank" Chrestensen, the other co-owner. Photo was taken ca. June 1933 when the submarine arrived at A Century of Progress.]
[Exterior view of the left stairway in front of the main courtyard of the Electrical Group building before
2. [Exterior view of the left stairway in front of the main courtyard of the Electrical Group building before the grand opening of the Chicago World's Fair. The relief "Stellar Energy" by sculptor Ulric Henry Ellerhusen adorns the facade of the building on the left.]
[Ground level view of the Century of Progress Skyride tower in 1933. The southern facade of the Hall
3. [Ground level view of the Century of Progress Skyride tower in 1933. The southern facade of the Hall of Science is to the right, while the Chinese Lama Temple can be seen below on the left.]
"W.O. Batchelder, president of the Electric Association of Chicago, (right) by passing his hand over
4. "W.O. Batchelder, president of the Electric Association of Chicago, (right) by passing his hand over a grid-glow tube caused the lights of the Electrical Group of Chicago's 1933 World's Fair -- A Century of Progress Exposition -- to burst forth in brilliant radiance. This operation was one of the features of the official dedication of this group on October 12. From left to right: Dr. Louis L. Mann, who gave the invocation, President Rufus C. Dawes of A Century of Progress Exposition, B.E. Sunny, a trustee of the Exposition and former chairman of the board of the Illinois Bell Telephone Company who delivered the address of dedication, and Mr. Batchelder who presided at the ceremony."

select all : clear all : add to favorites
results 1-4 of 4 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next