University of Illinois at Chicago Century of Progress World's Fair, 1933-1934 (University of Illinois at Chicago)
  Skip to content  collection home browse advanced search preferences my favorites help   
 
Search results for Ceremony. > Dedications   
Refine your search
Date
1932 (3)
1933 (1)
ca. 1933-1934 (1)

Format
9.5x7.5 (2)
6.5x9.25 (1)
7x8.75 (1)
7.25x9.25 (1)

Creator
Kaufmann & Fabry co. (1)

results 1-5 of 5 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next
select all : clear all : add to favorites
[The building dedication ceremony of the Century of Progress Hall of Science on June 1, 1932.]
1. [The building dedication ceremony of the Century of Progress Hall of Science on June 1, 1932.]
[The building dedication ceremony of the Century of Progress Hall of Science on June 1, 1932.]
2. [The building dedication ceremony of the Century of Progress Hall of Science on June 1, 1932.]
[The dedication ceremony for the Hall of Science building. Photo was taken June 1, 1932.]
3. [The dedication ceremony for the Hall of Science building. Photo was taken June 1, 1932.]
"W.O. Batchelder, president of the Electric Association of Chicago, (right) by passing his hand over
4. "W.O. Batchelder, president of the Electric Association of Chicago, (right) by passing his hand over a grid-glow tube caused the lights of the Electrical Group of Chicago's 1933 World's Fair -- A Century of Progress Exposition -- to burst forth in brilliant radiance. This operation was one of the features of the official dedication of this group on October 12. From left to right: Dr. Louis L. Mann, who gave the invocation, President Rufus C. Dawes of A Century of Progress Exposition, B.E. Sunny, a trustee of the Exposition and former chairman of the board of the Illinois Bell Telephone Company who delivered the address of dedication, and Mr. Batchelder who presided at the ceremony."

"W.O. Batchelder, president of the Electric Association of Chicago, (right) by passing his hand over
5. "W.O. Batchelder, president of the Electric Association of Chicago, (right) by passing his hand over a grid-glow tube caused the lights of the Electrical Group of Chicago's 1933 World's Fair -- A Century of Progress Exposition -- to burst forth in brilliant radiance. This operation was one of the features of the official dedication of this group on October 12. From left to right: Dr. Louis L. Mann, who gave the invocation, President Rufus C. Dawes of A Century of Progress Exposition, B.E. Sunny, a trustee of the Exposition and former chairman of the board of the Illinois Bell Telephone Company who delivered the address of dedication, and Mr. Batchelder who presided at the ceremony."
   

select all : clear all : add to favorites
results 1-5 of 5 item(s)  page 1 of 1 : ( <<  1  >> ) :: previous : next