|Title||Allin Deed |
|Description||A note housed with original and correspondence related to the donation reads: "Received from Mrs. Al Herbert of Independence, Missouri in 1993, Mrs. Herbert's husband was a great relative of James Allin. This propoerty was located on Mason Street near the old train station. This quick-claim deed was executed to resolve a dispute with Mr. Allin on the question of who owned the first site that Illinois Wesleyan would have occupied. (See Watson, p. 54, first paragraph)|
"Allin came to Blooming Grove in 1829 to open a store and was instrumental in the development of early Bloomington.
"Recorded by Carl Teichman, Assistant to the President, October 8, 1993"
|Related link||http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/u?/iwu_histph,2327 |
|Subject||Law & legal affairs|
|Creator||Allin, James |
|Publisher||The Ames Library, Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington Illinois, 61701. |
|Record Group||1-1/1 : IWU Charters |
|Rights||Illinois Wesleyan University retains the rights to this material. Permission to reproduce these images must be granted by IWU. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 309-556-1535 for more information |
|Digitization Specifications||Scanned at 600 dpi tiffs and downsized for Web access using Epson 3170 with ScanPro v.3 and AdobeAcrobat 8. |
|Collection Name||IWU Historical Collections (Illinois Wesleyan University) |