North Park Press
The North Park Press is the student newspaper of North Park University in Chicago. First published as the North Park College News in January 1922, its aim was to regularly communicate school news to alumni and the families and friends of students. The name changed to the North Park Press at the beginning of the 1997-98 academic year to reflect North Park's new university status. Published continuously since its inaugural issue, the paper is a rich resource for campus news, student perspectives, alumni news, and local business advertisements.
Browse the collection
North Park University was formed in 1891 by the Evangelical Covenant Church
to provide basic education for Swedish immigrants and biblical training for those entering the ministry. By 1922, the school had grown to include a two-year junior college. Since then it has become a multicultural Christian university with programs in liberal arts, theology, and professional studies such as business, the health sciences, and education.
Digitization of the North Park Press was made possible by a generous gift to the North Park library from Harry R. Cullins (C'85), who in his college days was a history student and contributor to the newspaper. The original items digitized in this collection are held at the F. M. Johnson Archives and Special Collections
at North Park University in Chicago, Illinois. This collection has been created from historical documents and may contain opinions, language, or images that the modern reader may find offensive. The archives presents these documents as part of the historical record and does not endorse the attitudes expressed therein.
This collection currently makes available an incomplete run of the newspaper; additional issues will continue to be added as resources allow. Issues not available online may be available in the archives. The archives is also accepting donations of the newspaper. Please contact archives staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (773) 244-6224 for more information, or if you wish to make an appointment to visit or research.