[Photo of the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago. The Field Museum opened in 1893 as part of the World Columbian Exposition in Hyde Park. The museum moved to its current location on park district space along the lakefront near downtown in 1921, and by 1930, it was joined by the addition of the Shedd Aquarium and the Adler Planetarium nearby. Although technically not part of the Century of Progress, the three lakefront museums were located immediately north of the Fairgrounds and thus attracted many visitors from the Chicago World's Fair.
This image may be used freely, with attribution, for research, study and educational purposes. For permission to publish, distribute, or use this image for any other purpose, please contact Special Collections and University Archives, University of Illinois at Chicago Library, 801 South Morgan St., Chicago, IL 60607. Phone: (312) 996-2742; email: email@example.com.