Browse all items in the collection
Phoebe is the official publication of the Covenant Women’s Auxiliary (CWA), founded in 1916 as a means to unify the efforts of women to support the work of the Evangelical Covenant Church. Begun in Chicago, chapters were quickly established across the country and over time these local groups cohered into a national organization focused on fundraising for denominational projects and institutions. Published between 1921 and 1956, Phoebe contains reports on the work and finances of CWA at the national and local level, membership lists, photographs, and short essays. It was published bilingually in Swedish and English as Febe until 1931.
More information on the CWA and the individuals involved can be found in the Frisk Collection of Covenant Literature.
The original items digitized in this collection are cataloged in the Covenant Archives and Historical Library, located at the F. M. Johnson Archives and Special Collections at North Park University in Chicago. The Evangelical Covenant Church is a multiethnic denomination in the United States and Canada with ministries on five continents of the world. It was founded in Chicago in 1885 by Swedish immigrants.
Please contact archives staff at email@example.com or (773) 244-6224 for more information, or if you wish to make an appointment to visit or research.
Questions about this collection? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-773-244-6224