Browse all items in the collection
Lewis University was founded in 1932 as Holy Name Technical School, an all-boys high school with a focus on aviation studies that began with 15 students. During World War II, the school was suspended while the U.S. Navy used the campus to train its flight instructors. After the war, the school changed its focus and was renamed Lewis College of Science and Technology. The school began admitting women in 1951 and became Lewis University in 1973.
This collection includes documents related to the history of the institution, the campus, and its buildings from the Brother Ambrose Groble, FSC, Archives at Lewis University.
Questions about this collection? Contact: email@example.com or 1-815-836-5306